Thursday, January 8, 2015

~ Strawberries fix everything ~

 
I am one who never misses an appointment - NEVER.
 I live by my planner.
 
Well, as they say...
 
"You should never say never."
 
For years I have used the Franklin Covey ring bound binder with refillable pages.
It's actually my EVERYTHING planner so it becomes a bit bulky to carry around every day.
 
 
In 2013 I decided to try something different and purchased a small, lightweight spiral bound planner.
 
 
I quickly found... it wasn't for me.
 
Since it's spiral bound you can't add any additional pages. I ended up using 2 separate planners; one for appointments and another for meal plans, grocery lists, routines, to do lists, etc.
 
The spiral bound planner went from January 2013 through December 2013.
Makes sense, right?
It does, unless you need to schedule your next appointment for June 2014 and your planner ends in December 2013. You either have to carry two planners (2013 and 2014) or put the appointment card in your wallet, hoping you will remember to write it in your 2014 planner when you get home.
 Simple enough...unless you forget to write it down when you get home.
Which is exactly what I did.
Yep.
 Missed my appointment.
 
 I felt so guilty for missing my appointment, I came up with a little "please forgive me" gift. 
My dental hygienist lives in Plant City, Florida which is famous for growing strawberries and hosts a Strawberry festival each year. Since I had no idea of her kitchen décor, I opted to go with the Plant City strawberry theme. 
 

 
I think she forgave me....
 


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I can't believe YOU missed an appt.! I say back to Franklin Covey (I love mine & yes it's worth it!) but such a sweet gift :)