Monday, February 24, 2014

Simple sewing...

 
Do you ever have one of those days where you're just itching to sew something? 
You really have nothing in mind, you just want to sew - ANYTHING.
 I had a day like that yesterday.
 I wanted to sew something simple - no pattern to cut, no measuring - none of that. 
 
As I was looking through my stash, I found this fabric.
Cute and kitcheny.
(Kitcheny...that's a word, right?)
 

I cut a rectangle and hemmed the short sides.
 

I then cut a strip of red and white checked fabric, serged the long edge, hemmed and made a ruffle.
 
 
After attaching the ruffle to the bottom of my rectangle, I then found a ribbon in my stash and stitched it across the top.
 
 
And...Tada!
 
My new apron!
 

 
 
 
 
 VERY, simple sewing....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

She looks GREAT (even with pins sticking out her neck) You are so very brave to sew without a pattern!

Kathy E. said...

Gosh, I have days like that too where I want to sew something, anything! I like useful things, and your apron is a great little project. So cute and useful!

HeathersSphere said...

SEW cute, clever, and creative. Very nice apron!

dpeele said...

My problem isn't "itching to sew" but having too many ideas!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love it. It looks so bright and cheerful!