Sunday, December 4, 2011

Affordable teacher gifts


Here's a simple idea I put together for my daughter's teachers (five of them) a few years ago for Christmas.


Personalized and very affordable.

The dishtowels (before embroidery) were $2.00 each, mugs were $.50.
I purchased a container of hot chocolate mix and a bag of tiny marshmallows to package into the mug.
I used what I already had in my stash at home for everything else.
I made personalized labels for the mugs using self adhesive printer paper.
The tags were printed onto cardstock and cut out.
 I wrapped it all in cellophane and cut strips of fabric for the ties.

I may have paid $5.00 or less for the hot chocolate mix and the marshmallows and only used about $.50 worth for each mug.

So you see, for a total of about $15.00 ($3.00 each) I was able to give out five affordable, personalized gifts.

What do you give and how much do you spend on teacher gifts each year?

Linking today to:
http://www.iheartnaptime.net/
http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love them!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Cute idea! I love the embroidered dish towels!

Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Terri said...

Such a cute, personal gift...I love that you were able to accomplish such a "wow factor" on a small budget. Five teacher gifts can really add up~