Monday, November 28, 2011

Did you happen to notice?


Granny's sugar canister and the candle holder from yesterday's post.


When Mr. Fisherman's granny passed away last year I inherited her canister set.
This one is my favorite.
Apparently the handle broke off and she replaced it with a half of a spool.
How smart was that?

The tea light candle holder Mr. Fisherman made several years ago out of scraps left over from my butcher block kitchen counter he built.

Oh, how I LOVE those scraps!

Happy Monday everyone!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, you are getting lots of early Christmas presents!

What a cool canister, looks perfect on your table~

Debbie said...

I love to find things to "make do"...oops, that's probably why I won't get rid of some stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

30 years, OMG !!! Has it really been that long............. only seems like yesterday !
All my Love!
Me

Anonymous said...

I know this is unrelated to today's post, but I've been visiting your blog for a little while.

I'm just getting started in the world of sewing. I had a cheap singer machine, but it broke down constantly. Since you create beautiful things, I thought you might be able to suggest a good sewing machine. For now I don't need anything too fancy, just something dependable.

Thanks.

FlyAwayHome said...

Anonymous, I would be more than happy to help with sewing machine suggestions for you but your comment is anonymous. Are you aware also you are a and I have no way to e-mail you. Please leave your address and I will be happy to help.

FlyAwayHome said...

Anonymous, Sorry for the last comment. It should have said... are you aware you are a "no reply-comment blogger"? I do not have any way to contact you.